Monday, January 17, 2011

A Month without Boxing

It was in the month of December, that I was coming home from school, when I received a letter from a gym that I signed up to, months ago. In this letter they have greeted me, a happy birthday, and that, I received, a one day privilege, to use their facilities. It was inspiring on that moment, as in those days of December, I made it a point, to forget about boxing for just that month. Receiving that letter, made me think, that when I am not in boxing, it calls for me. It is like a sign in the heavens, or something, that boxing is definitely what I am supposed to do, in my life. Those days, that I decided to not box for awhile, was a product of my thought, that I was too much into boxing, and that I am not giving myself a break. People would say to me, you are too much boxing, relax yourself. So I definitely gave it a break, especially in the holiday season where my family needs me. I had to focus on other stuff for awhile, but one thing is for sure.. I missed boxing like crazy. Boxing is not a discipline for me, it is a want. People have their differences, and as for me, I love boxing. It is natural in me. I love training and I love punching.. It was hard for me to adjust myself into a non-boxing behavior. Taking away boxing from me, is like taking away my very soul, identity, and life. People, just can't be me, and I can't be them, it's logical, we are all unique. Although, I survived the month without boxing, I had made an exception. For that one day at the gym, I will unleash all the boxing that is stored and left inside of me. Great things have happened, and these are experiences and memories, that I will cherish forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment