Monday, July 25, 2011

My Father


When I was a kid growing up, I kept asking people of how life is, and how things occur at certain instances. I always asked, and I never ran out of it. The only person to have answered most of my questions was my father. He was a knowledgeable, loving, and responsible parent. He taught me things that I utilize until this very day. He was responsible enough to care for us siblings, as he stopped smoking for the sake of his family. He sacrificed into working abroad just to give us financial support. He may be strict, but I understood his point and learned from it. I cannot deny that I miss my father. Throughout the days, I have been listening to music of the nineties, brings me back into the memories of my childhood. Reminiscing the good old days when I ride at the back of our car, while my father is bringing us home from out of town trips and school. Growing up, I took these opportunities for granted and never have I thought its significance to my life until now. Listening to old songs of the nineties, my heart is filled with mixed emotions of nostalgia and yearning. A memory, of an old car, with my father driving it into the darkness that blinds the pathway mysteriously to its destination, or a sunny day with an epic view of the far meadows and rivers that past us.
I would help my father on the look-out when it was dark so we won't bump into anything. He always made it a point to keep us safe and protected us from harm, as we go smoothly through the path of our destination. Playing the music that has already turned old, I view these experiences as memories worth revisiting. There may be times when we are distant to each other, but we remain close to each other in our hearts. The sacrifices that he brings to the table, inspires me to my best in all I can do. Developing my potential to reach the greatness that God has instilled in us. I honor his existence through this post. His worth is equal to the achievements that has made me who I am. I may not be with him everyday, but he will always be in the core of our hearts. A Father helps and guides us to be someday independent, and so we can stand on our own, and face the world without fear.

Picture: A beautiful painting of a meadow and a river as the darkness draws near. A painting by Chris Ramsey. Very artistic indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment