Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Declaration of Gold

Unchanged, Unmoved, and Uninspired. Three words, that speaks of me today. Why? Yes, my profession grants me the advantage to practice it, but in my heart I know there is a loss in this gaping heart that wishes to fill it from its void. As I age, my boxing skills will eventually diminish. In this reason, I am frustrated whether I could get a chance to actually practice it. For I know, my skills are potentially great yet untested. I want to dedicate my abilities to my country. It is the least I can do as a Filipino, who was born and raised in this beautiful country. My skills in the sport of boxing continues to grow, yet my abilities remain to be tested. Oh, What can I do? The Olympic Gold medal seems to be the answer for the struggle that continues to grow with me throughout time. Yes, I may be a nurse, and I am contented knowing I am practicing this skill, but boxing is a sport that I am passionate about, yet my skills are unheard of. My sport is boxing, as some people would play basketball as a hobby. Although boxing was never my profession and I do not wish to be professionally inclined with it. Yet I remain as a prospect for amateur boxing, and I wish to remain like this until I am given the opportunity to prove my words right. The London Olympics looks like the perfect avenue to prove myself worthy of what I have been saying so far. Yet until now, this cursed braces that stabilizes my teeth remains inside me, that even if opportunities would arise, I still have to keep waiting.. waiting for the opportunity when I will be seen under those lights of the squared circle. I hope my youth remains preserved until that day comes when I am ready. I continue to dream despite all odds because I continue to believe in my skills. Skills that I have continued to sharpen throughout time. Whether it be inactivity or in training, my knowledge of the sport continues to swell. My plea is just to realize an opportunity for me to fight for my country when everything in me becomes settled. If my country remains unappreciated with no history of gold medals in the Olympics. Let me be the change that our country so desires. I will dedicate my youth for this cause, for it is in boxing, that my confidence grows. It is in boxing that I know I can do great things. I may be unheard of, but I will be ready by the next Olympics after London. I bet my entire life on it. With a great tear in my eye, I declare my victory as early as now. I'm gonna get that Gold medal! For God, my country, and its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment