Friday, March 28, 2014

Dental Braces and Mouthpieces (2011 draft)

I have found this draft, and thought how wonderfully it has been written. Probably written sometime in 2011, a few days after my dental braces have been finally removed.

     Have you ever felt the feeling of coldness in two different spectrum of definitions? Its like the bitter coldness of the outside and the cold blood pumping from your heart goes into unison which makes anyone feel barren like a frozen wasteland. A petty disguise to affirm others that you're fine when you are feeling otherwise. Again, my feelings become repressed, as my vigor begins to soar.

     The same feeling of the warrior inside of me that rises into reincarnation. That same feeling that has brought a lazy undetermined couch potato, like myself, into something that of athletic prowess. I am feeling the same old adrenaline rushing into my veins with an intense need to unleash it. It is dangerous as it is beneficial. Yet time has brought me into much certainty as fate has once reunited my desire to fight with the advent removal of my braces.

     Yes, my dental braces have been removed. It would be just a matter of time that I may be able to see how much I developed or missed out over the past few years. I recalled the time, when I did visit the Philippine Boxing Team's Gym in my city. A boxer once told me in the early days, to finish my studies first.. and as of today, I finally did. I have fulfilled that same promise that allowed my bachelor life to flourish yet sacrificed my passion for boxing.

     Although lost out of time compared to the early career of some fighters, I understood the implications of what the boxer had advised me. Not many fighters had the same opportunity like myself to become educated into earning a bachelor's degree. I valued education. I valued my profession as a nurse. Yet boxing remains passionately in my heart. I watched several youngsters in a competition of Tae Kwon Do invitationals in one of the local shopping mall in my city.

     Watching them use their mouthpiece looked like something simple to some people to look at, but means a lot for someone like me. While I am at the peak of my youth, I must take charge and not waste it. I am now able to finally wear a mouthpiece. I believe it is time. I want to achieve a prime that I could be proud of, especially in a sport that I really took by the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment