Saturday, April 24, 2010

How strong am I?


I get the feeling of questioning myself whether my power is capable for a punchers status or not. Then that question lingers to my mind once again. How strong am I? I learned my potentials in boxing when I discovered my God-given talents about five years ago. It was tremendous punching power, that the normal person would see as, an unbelievable force to live with. It is an unnatural power that I am perhaps born with. I see it, as a gift from God, or was it simply genetics. To be honest, in my family, I've got no relative who was a fighter. It must be an unrecognized gift in the gene passed down from my ancestors, that my relatives are not aware. If it must be genetics, then I must not only be the one in the family to experience this unbelievable amount of strength, and possessing it is one more serious issue. I guess, I will be the first to utilize it into such lengths, as a fighter. Perhaps, the first in the family to do so. The gift of speed, is one thing I think, my gene is responsible for. Just imagine, me as a middleweight, throwing fast punches like a featherweight. In those days though, stamina was a problem, so thank God, I lost the weight. In totality, I think my gene is capable of tremendous punching power and speed. If it isn't from my genes, then its Gods'. I'm honored in possessing such talent. One story to testify my strength, is the reason why I stopped doing the punching bag, and did abdominal work out in the first place. I really did not want to stop doing the punching bag, it just gave up on me. I was starting to train my power so much, I think it surpassed my level from when I learned my punching power. It was devastating, that I believe, If someone or something was to be hit with my fist, they'd get knocked out in an instant. A punch of a mike tyson caliber. I just did what I wanted, which is to punish the bag, training everyday. After a tremendous shot, the metal broke, and left the heavy bag falling to the floor. I then was disappointed, as I wanted to do some more workout at the moment. So I bought a new and improved metal connector, which is thicker than the first. I bought it like about three and half dollars, I really chose the thickest, so it would never give up on me. It was great at first, but after three days, it snapped after I connected a solid right hand. I was disappointed, for one, I wanted to do some workout but now I can't, and two, I wasted my money for even the thickest metal won't work. I then hitched it up to a strong rope, in the idea that, it would be able to resist, cause it would bend. In the end, it still failed. It was not only in this three instances that this has occurred, but it has happened multiple times. I then gave up the heavy bag training. It is fun, but when you keep fixing it, and especially carrying the damn thing back up, it just pisses me off. So in the end, I left it in the corner of my room. The thing that is hard about not doing the training is that you won't be able to do some displacement, if you know what I mean. The feeling of hate, which is cured in an hour of training is left inside, which makes me miserable. Nonetheless, It must not be relied, so I can better myself, and not be dependent on it. After not working the heavy bag, I've realized I was too much power, but not much speed. Now, I've corrected that, through shadow boxing. Fast hands, I have it. Somehow I feel, I've traded speed and lost a few power. Nonetheless, it must be for the better good. In boxing, power is useless if you can't hit anything. So at least, I had to adjust that. This event, also is the reason, why I've gotten serious in the ab workout and focusing in the region for now. Since I can't do heavy bag, its time I should work out my core. I still have a chiseled upper body, despite the absence of the strength workout. I learned that muscles really last even without stimulation over the course of time, just make sure you maintain a lifestyle for it. So the thing I should develop to perfection is the ab and my thigh. Those stuff, for the championship, what more can you ask. *chuckles* So how strong am I? Let's just see my professional fight, when I hit an opponent. If he staggers, it would be enough of an indication.

Picture: The punching power of Joe Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment