Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In-Shape or Out of Shape

There are moments in training, where you could early assess certain aspects of your current state. Questions like.. Am I fit? Am I In-shape or Out of shape? Through experience, I am able to learn some facts, that will easily determine whether a person is in-shape or out of shape. We may look ourselves in front of the mirror and see muscles and fat. We all know that more muscles, means more fit. Fats is what keeps anyone out of shape. It is in muscles that burn fats, and it is in fats that shows us we need more exercise. These two, are the determinants of how fit we are. Building Muscles is great, it gives you strength, endurance, and an increased metabolism. This is a permanent way to lay off the fat. Fats, on the other hand, gives you warmth, extra energy, and is useless when not used, and when it keeps building up, it gets worse. Fats make people prone to disease, it is a fact. Cardiovascular Disease, Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and a lot more, it keeps rolling. In the event of Industrialization, Food is easily available, making the average Joe into a "Sumo Rikishi". A lot more people are obese and overweight than it is to be normal. The only hopes for healthy lifestyle in the numbers can be found in developing countries like the Philippines. This is not all that is true though, as I once have been overweight. I guess being out of shape can happen to anyone whether in a poor, middle, or rich country they may live. Being out of shape is a problem for anyone. I know the feeling, because I've been there. I wanted to lose weight and almost gave up on anything until I discovered Boxing. Boxing is what saved me from being unhealthy, and out of shape. My tip for anyone who tries to achieve what I have, is to find something physical that you love to do, like sports. If it works for me, it may work for anyone as well. Losing weight doesn't always need to be a painful experience, it can also be fun. Boxing made it fun for me. After losing all that weight, you begin to get in shape, which then gives way to your conditioning. You will be so athletic that you will know a new meaning for being out of shape. It is not about being fat, or anything physical at all. It's about stamina. It's about finding out if you can last longer than what is expected. In my case, it is found in effective punching with appropriate defense in a span of twelve rounds. Through experience, I can interpret how a person is well-conditioned or out of shape through a scenario. A Scenario just like when you find yourself throwing an effective combination may have two possible outcomes; either you get exhausted, which indicates you are out of shape, or you get excited and keep throwing flurries, in this case you are in-shape. To keep yourself at top shape, it is important to have some intense cardiovascular work-out like running, sprinting, or jumping rope. Stamina is key. I've experienced these things, and I know a lot of athletes can agree to me on this. Being out of shape is a term that evolves as you progress in your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment