Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tornado Origins


A tornado is a violent, dangerous, rotating column of air that is in contact with both the surface of the earth and a cumulonimbus cloud or, in rare cases, the base of a cumulus cloud. - Wikipedia
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado )

As the definition explains it, A Tornado is violent and dangerous. This moniker of mine was actually created almost seven years ago, from the inspiration of the movie Harry Potter. Lord Voldemort, the antagonist of the story, actually had fragmented pieces of his real name, which is shuffled from Tom Marvolo Riddle. In the same sense, My 13 year old self, shuffled my name for fun, which ended up with the name "Rhuis J. Creptain." Some letters were actually removed to make it sound like a legitimate name counterpart.

Having the shuffled name somehow influenced my life. In a twist of fate, another movie have again influenced me some more, and it was the movie "Pluto Nash", starred by Eddie Murphy. It had a futuristic setting, but what interest me was the nick names they had. It was a futuristic name, which I thought I must also have. (It was the dawning of the 21st Century at the time, and I thought it might be cool to make one for fun) People in the movie had nicknames with a rule of
"Object + Name = Futuristic name" (People had nicknames like "Nicky Sticks" in the movie, and of course the infamous name "Pluto Nash")

Coming up with a name counterpart "Rhuis J. Creptain", it helped me screen names and find for a suitable name for my own. I had some time to think it through until I came up with "Rush Joe". (Similar to the format of Pluto Nash. "Rush Joe" comprises of, Joe the name and Rush the object) The moniker "Tornado" was later chosen when I seriously got into boxing. (I liked the moniker Cyclone, but decided to be the Tornado, as it rhymed with "Rush Joe" and is in a sense, a Cyclone)

As proof of it, I had an account made at age 13. I was a child who played online games like any ordinary kid. The name still exists and never changed. I almost forgot the whole story of the "Rush Joe" thing until I have recovered my ancient accounts. Never have I thought that I would discover a great deal of history of myself. It was seven years from the last time I opened the account, and here is the link.


I am a Neopets player back then. A freshman in the prestigious school called the Ateneo de Davao University. I was going through the internet service the school provides at that time, and thus created the Neopets account. I remembered it so vividly, that we used our Identification Cards to log in. *chuckles*

That's history, and that is why, I got the name Rush "The Tornado" Joe. I will always carry this name with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment