Monday, April 27, 2009

Broken Fist

As the days of no boxing progressed, I felt a sense of urgency to replace something that I lost. I occupied myself into playing video games and surfing on the net. I felt physcally unfit and seemed to lose focus for a few days. Breaking my fist was as serious as killing my dreams. It was the two knuckle that hurt most of all. Applying even the lightest of pressure makes it hurt like hell. I give it a lot of time to heal. It took me close to one month until I could use my right hand to its full potential. Throughout the days, I felt desperate. I continued boxing using most of my left hand. My mind is so focused on fighting, I forget I have a broken hand. In a lot of occassions, I find myself throwing my right hand accidentally. I remembered on the progress of my fist. First, there was pain all throughout. Next, there was no pain but hurts even with the lightest pressure. Then, There was pain on the strongest pressure only(but I still can't box with it cause it hurts). Finally, its healed, but not completely. That is so far I have noticed. The dilemma taught me a lot of things in life. I learned to be sure, be smart, be safe, be patient, be independent, be focused, and a lot more. It is important to take calcium to support the healing of a broken bone and its ligaments. I took skim milk, cheese, whole wheat bread, and sea food.

No comments:

Post a Comment