Monday, April 27, 2009

Inactivity

Through the course of my inactivity, I have learned a lot. I hadn't been able to post something here for a long time. It's break from school and I have a lot on my mind. My training turned from Gold to null. I have relentlessly hammered the heavy bag on a good night. I hit the bag like crazy, full of spirit, and power. I felt contented, full of energy, and strong. In the stroke of bad luck or simply carelessness, I broke my right knuckles on a hard concrete wall. I did not hit it lightly, because at the moment I had my momentum. Every punch I threw that night was that of haymakers. I was literally punishing the heavy bag as I relentlessly hammered it with tremendous force. It all come into an end as my right fist smashed into the wall. I fell down into the ground feeling the pain so intense with a grimace on my face. I felt like my boxing days are over. Somehow, my mind began to play tricks on me. I was thinking that, at the moment that I fell into the floor, it seemed like I was knocked down by an opponent. My mind began to count me to 10 as if I was knocked down in a fight. I began to stand up as the count reached eight, my warrior spirit is truly legendary. I began to use my left for a while, jabbing the heavy bag like I'm pushing the damn thing away from me. After a while I began to get spirited and continued pouring hard punches even with a broken right hand. Offcourse, I can feel the pain in my hand as I throw the punch, but the pain seemed nothing to me. I can say proudly that my spirit is what made me forget the pain and continue to go on. I stopped until I felt sleepy. I ended the day proud, and I will never forget that kind of feeling in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment