Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Boxer Me

I, perhaps, am one of the complex people to ever love science. All science, I love it, until I stumbled into some interesting stuff that would one way or another change my life. Ever heard of the known two words "Sweet Science"? That is right! I love boxing. In my country, boxing has been a famous sport because of the rise of Filipino Boxers in our generation. Boxing has been one of the pride of the Philippine Islands. It is historical, Philippines is one of the countries with a long line of great fighters. It is perhaps, understandable that the sport is more likely for commoners and their main goal is to earn money. In that sense, I as a middle class person do not require to even be boxer. I may have continued becoming a caring nurse. My desire for fighting is what makes me love it. I somehow have this innate spirit of a warrior. Boxing has become my habit. Whenever I would throw punches, My body is electrocuted like I would be so excited, to the point that, I release adrenaline everytime. My sport is definitely boxing, not basketball or soccer. I was in high school when I watched Manny Pacquiao. He gave me an inspiration and made me proud as a Filipino. It was that time that I started to watch boxing matches. I even thought, why just now?, if I knew boxing at an early age I would be contented as a person. It was until I was put on a martial arts gym that I realized my full potential... I discovered my punching power. After that day, I never returned to that gym. I got absorbed into boxing like never before. I watch boxing frequent times than any other person. Now, I watch boxing everyday as a habit. I train like a boxer and eat like a boxer. I control my weight. It's just pure adrenaline that makes me into this. By taking a punch and giving a punch in a brawl-like sequence, my spirit is overflowed and I can say that I am, a boxing addict. My natural love for it is what makes this sport so important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment