Thursday, March 12, 2009

Boxer Stance

In boxing, there are a lot of stances and ways a boxer would fight. First of, there is the Orthdox stance. The orthodox stance is particularly a righty, with his left leg and hand forward. Fighters like Muhammad Ali, Erik Morales, and Sugar Ray Robinson are a few examples who use such stance. Typically, Right-handed is the most common stance in boxing, because most people are right-handed. The other stance, is the Southpaw stance. The southpaw stance is opposite to the orthodox, with right foot and hand forward. Fighters like Manny Pacquiao uses the southpaw stance. It is perhaps, common in most parts of Asia. I as a fighter am a righty and therefore should be an orthodox fighter. Although, in the past, I was a southpaw with my best punch forward landing first. I am not the only the fighter to use such ways, other boxers had also used it and used it with greatness, like Oscar de la Hoya. But then, I knew the flaws of such stance and then turned orthodox. I am then a converted southpaw, like a lot of fighters, one is Mike Tyson. Changing stances seemed a bit awkward but I've learned to develop it. It is also an incentive in my part, I then, can change stances at any point and would use it greatly to my advantage. I am a natural southpaw with a mastered orthodox.

No comments:

Post a Comment